the return of... SUPER GIO!!!

ok, the title is stupid, I know, give me time to think of another one. Cerebral processor failing in 5,4,3,2.....

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

...

I hate Neil Gaiman.

He has a certain effect on me.

He makes me want to write. He makes me want to think. He makes me want to reverberate the circulating thoughts in my brain until they form coherent thought enough to write it down before I go crazy.

I’ve been reading his works for the greater part of my life now.

He wrote one of the best comic books ever written and continues to write different media. Short stories, movie scripts, novels and even children’s lit.

I think I’ve read some of them that have come my way. Most I haven’t had access to.

Even fell in line to see him and have his autograph in a mall. Twice.

I guess you could even say I started blogging when I read his new collection of short stories. A bit more on that later.

I’ve just noticed. I start most of my paragraphs with “I.”

I’m so self-centered.

Ha.

Sue me. It’s my blog

>:p

It’s kinda ironic. I pictured out my life before enjoying the arts. Lets see now. When I was 20 years old, I thought that when I’d be 28, I’d probably be living in my own flat, have a mountain of CDs (the rare collectible ones that you’d have to kill to get) and a dozen or so walls of books. The flat would be impeccably minimalistic in design, with flat screen TVs and 3D surround sound. The garage would have one car, a gray classic handed down through generations but jazzed up to survive another 50 years. And bucket loads of chicks.

Ha.

See? I told you he made me write.

Reality check.

My own flat? Hmm. Not exactly. I get my own room in a dorm. Its small, but at least its free.

CDs? Nobody uses CDs now. Wow. Technology is making things obsolete. I wonder how long my external hard drive will last before the next form of storage media comes along.

Books? Have. Most of them orthopedic ones. But I’m still happy with them. Weee.

Impeccably designed interiors? I had an overhaul last year. Painted one wall red. Changed the ceiling lights to cove lights. Had the ceiling painted blue to imitate the night sky. Then I ran out of money. Hahaha. I have a blue ceiling. It makes me smile sometimes. Someday I’ll have enough money to have that star washed ceiling. Till then, the last thing I see before I close my eyes is my blue colored ceiling with the cove lights spilling over cool white light.

No TV though. Might buy one for Christmas and mount it on the ceiling. But I like my JBL Speakers which I bought last Christmas. Just hope they don’t drive the neighbors crazy. I think I should put a sign out my door that reads “IF YOU CAN HEAR THE MUSIC BLAST OUT FROM MY ROOM, PLEASE DRAW A “Xp” ON MY DOOR.” I think my door will be full of “Xp” ‘s the very next day.

The car… hmm. I have a model Gundam. I’m sorry, its all I have. At least it transforms.

Bucket loads of chicks? Turns out, I’m not the type that has them in buckets are attracts them to begin with. Uhm. Although we do have dogs. A lot of them. We had one last year, who got pregnant and gave birth to 10 puppies who all grew into dogs and are now having puppies of their own. They live on hospital food left overs. They’re replicating like rabbits. They’re unstoppable. Until they get run over by the cars that zoom outside the dorm.

Oh well. Life has a funny way of turning out.

I wonder what I’ll be in the next ten years?

I should wish for something like an IRON MAN costume. Maybe they’ll have it on sale by then. I hope it flies.

I have no idea how I came to write the post above. I was planning to write about past hurts, nightmares and fears. It just turned out this way when I was typing.

Weird.

Somebody stop me.

Haven’t even had me coffee yet.

Oh, ever been to one of those wedding expos? Also known as bridal fairs. Its loaded with tons of displays that would help you out on your big day. Me and Mon went there when I was in Manila a few weeks ago. Advise to guys.

  1. 1.) Water bottle – just bring one. You might need one when the lavatory is full.
  2. 2.) Your favorite sneakers – you need comfy footwear when you’ll spend hours standing. And you need the added padding when you do a drop kick on obnoxious expo people.
  3. 3.) A needle – to prick yourself. Girls would say its overwhelming. Maybe it is to them. To you it might just actually, er, forgive me, but it just might actually be quite boring. I have a very short attention span. I fell asleep 3 times on three different stations. Mon had the unfortunate experience of me waking up in the middle of a conversation and I’d start rambling about something totally out of topic. I never thought planning a wedding was so toxic. Yeah it actually is.
  4. 4.) A bag – yup. A simple bag. To put all the stuff that the expo people are gonna shove right at you. If you bring a pink bag they actually shy away from you. That helps a lot
  5. 5.) Money – you just might pick out a deal. There are quite a few good deals too. Expo prices are as low as you can go.

Hm. Have to do something. Anything. Brain’s on hyperdrive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home