the return of... SUPER GIO!!!

ok, the title is stupid, I know, give me time to think of another one. Cerebral processor failing in 5,4,3,2.....

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Feels like a 25...And the return of an old...er...well, just read...


“Excuse me doc, but I think you have to stop,” he said from the cover of his shed.

“Why?” I asked in between breaths.

“Can’t risk the lightning. Sorry. Rules.”

I shake my head and assess the situation. He does have a point. Although I’m tempted enough to find out what happens when lightning strikes a pool.

I’ve always wondered what it was like to die. Working very close to death makes you feel numb. Then again, we all will find out what it feels like. All but once in a life time.

I think better of myself. Not that I have a deathwish, not now anyway, so I pull myself from the pool.

The rain pelts everything hard. Horribly hard. I would usually swim even when it rained this hard. But the thunder and lightning has the staff scared. The wind doesn’t help either. Against a strong spot light I can see it swirl and dance. A million falling droplets moving like a living creature. Swallowing, crawling, punching the air and other droplets unfortunate enough to get caught in the cyclone of wind and light.

“Feels like a 25,” I read out loud from the white board hanging by the pool. It reads the high and low temperatures of the day, the time of sunrise and sunset. Information that means nothing to me. Soaked and covered by a towel, the shed provides little cover from the elements. It doesn’t feel like a 25. It feels much colder. And wetter. Lets not forget the mini typhoon that blew my night away.

Oh well. Might as well call it a night.

What ever happened to me and why I seem to stick to routines? I think to myself and try to examine the plausible reasons.

1. I’m hyper-active. I think I should document myself as a grown up case of a missed diagnosed ADHD ( Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) I seem to be running on liquid plutonium or something. True when I sleep, I wake harder than a rock underneath tremendous geothermal pressure, but when I move about, I just can’t stop moving. Inertia personified.

2. I need to occupy my time. What’s a 28 year old single male adult to do when he goes home to an empty room at night?

^_^ …. 0_0 o_0 -_-*

I can think of a lot of things. But I think a lot of them could get me in trouble and most of them are actually illegal. No TV, no internet, no family, no friends who don’t have their own families, so… might as well hit the tracks and the pool.

3. I have trouble sleeping. So might as well drain my batteries before midnight or I’ll probably be sleeping by 3 AM again.

So there. Coming home to alone, tired and just ready for bed makes it all better for me. Why else would I be doing this?

Yeah Gi’ keep telling yourself that.

Who said that?

Boy, wouldn’t you know? You brought me all the way here just to wrap me in plastic.

This is not happening. You are just a figment of my imagination.

Imagination schemagination. Now get me out of here! Or I’m really gonna get out of here and totally kick your ass!

Of all the anthromorphic personifications of a rejected alter ego, it just had to be you huh?

Of all the real people who just might have a few screws lose, it just had to be you too huh?

Good point.

Touche.

I guess it means you’re back.

I guess it means you’re crazy.

Residency is going to be a lot more complicated than I thought now that you’re back.

Whoah, you’re a resident now?

Yeah, on my second year.

Why the hell did you NOT tell me?

But you don’t exist.

Duh, I’m you! Only hotter, cuter, smarter and downright funnier than you. Plus the chicks dig me.

Ehem. You’re point being?

Face it Gio, it’s a lot more fun with me around.

But I buried you, I mean, I outgrew you. You were just a gimmick, a mascot, a non existent entity I created just so that I could get away with what I wanted to say by pinning it on a funny looking hyper proportioned stuffed toy!

Who are you calling funny looking and hyperproportioned Gigantor? Look who’s talking?

This is insane, people will think I’m crazy!

People already think you’re crazy, so what gives?

Argh. I’m screwed.

Ah. That’s one thing for sure that I can’t help you with.

People will laugh at me…

Think of it this way. People will laugh with you. Sometimes, people won’t have the guts to say what’s truly in their hearts. They keep it inside and all the bottled up emotions and thoughts are just gonna fester and go to waste. Sometime they just need outlets. And people are people, they’re afraid to use their own faces. They have identities to protect and lives to live. The last thing they want is to be branded as some weirdo who walks around with a cape and wears his underwear outside his pants.

I don’t walk around with a cape or wear my underwear outside my pants.

You’re missing the point here idiot, now listen up and listen good. People wear masks to protect themselves. They all have insecurities and vulnerabilities that they don’t want to be exploited just because they trust other people too much to reveal themselves.

And where’s the point there?

The point is, oh creator and not so bright alter ego, I’m your mask. I’m you, but not exactly you.

You lost me.

Should I send you back to superhero philosophy 101?

I think I missed out on that one. Where do I sign up?

Sheesh. There are things you want to say, but are afraid of saying. There are things that you want to expound or articulate but it refutes common sense and basic rational knowledge. You don’t have the guts to say that. I do.

Is this like a MPD ( Multiple Personality Disorder)?

Nope. Not quite. But I think you’re almost getting there.

Hey. Change topic

What?

I think I now know what a single 28 year old young male like me should do after work?

Go looking for chicks?

No.

Knock some drinks and then go looking for chicks?

No.

Hit a bar, knock some drinks and then go looking for chicks?

No.

Meet up with some friends, hit a bar, knock some drinks and then go looking for chicks?

Stop. I thought about going back to blogging.

Dork.

At least I’m giving you guest appearances and a chance to stay outside.

Or else what?

Or else I’ll stuff you back in the closet.

You don’t have the guts.

Try me.

Oh yeah?

Yeah.

And what if I drop you now and then, before you can do such a thing?

Then I’ll have two words for you. Spin. Cycle.

Whoah. Don’t go there. I give up. Anything but that! Do you know what it feels like to be tumble washed with dirty underwear? And the fabric softener tastes horrible. Blech.

Oh well. Just don’t get in the way of my work ok? Promise?

Promise.

I hope I made the right decision on this one…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home